You are reading the second part of Why Does Everything Go Wrong For Me?
Joe still did not know HOW and WHEN she could give up her job, she just knew she would, to pursue her heart’s desire. Mary told her to keep her focus on what she desired, (to write children story books with her own pictures). Whatever the price she had to pay, the rewards would be so much greater and she would have no regrets following her heart.
Joe learnt from the audio program there was a 3 Step Process to uncover and open the doors to her true heart’s desires. I list these steps below for you to use as well. 😉
Step 1– Ask yourself this question:
1) What would I like to have in my life that I do not have right now? Write down the answers by hand on white paper use a blue ink pen. You can type it all up later on your computer.
Here are some other questions to ask yourself to help you find answers to the main question above.
- What would I love to do if there were no restrictions or obstacles?
- If money was not a consideration, what would I like to do?
- What makes me very happy? What makes me laugh?
- What stirs my emotions in a positive way when I think about it?
- What do I think about when I daydream about something that I would really like to do, be or to have?
- What would I love to do to help others?
- What characteristics, strengths, or personality traits would I like to have that I don’t have now?
- What type of physical appearance have I always wanted to develop?
- What do I want from others?
- What do my best friend and I do for fun?
- What did I use to do that I enjoyed that I don’t do now?
Not all of these questions are your heart’s desire.
Step 2– Ask yourself this question:
2) If I had/was/could do that, (whatever you’ve defined as your heart’s desire), then how would that make me feel? Ask your -self this question about each desire you have identified with the first question. Asking this second question helps you to get past your superficial desires and focus on what is truly important to you. Note carefully, the stronger the emotion or the feeling you have after answering the question, the closer you are to your TRUE heart’s desire. Allow yourself to FEEL your emotion. You are dealing with your heart’s desires here!
Step 3– Now you are going to measure the strength of your heart’s desires.
3) In order for the answers given to be effective, you need to measure the strengths of your heart’s desires. On a scale of 1-100% how badly do you desire each of your listed desires in step 1? Become sensitive to the intensity of your emotional responses to what you discover in steps 1 and 2. This sensitivity will help you to accurately measure the intensity of your desires. Your intensity is vital.
Take 1 desire at a time and focus on it. Whilst focusing on it, imagine there is an intensity metre/meter attached to your body just like a lie detector. As you think about your heart’s desire look at the scale. What is the measurement? Where is it between 1-100%? Now write down your measurement for each of your desires.
Any measurement between 80-90% on your scale is something that’s important to you and something you have a strong interest in. However, ONLY those that measure 100% are your true heart’s desires. This is what will make you feel happy and fulfilled. Any measurement, any below 80% on your heart intensity scale you are not fully committed to. There is no doubt in your heart about your 100% desires!
The heart desires that measure 100% have within them the fundamental ability to release the full internal power or creative magnetic energy within you. They are the desires that will provide you with persistence and the ability to overcome any and all obstacles. The intensity of these desires will energize your family, relationships, business projects and your entire life.
‘Your dreams, goals… you have a strong desire for it to come to pass and when you think about it, you have high belief and expectation that it will happen’ – Kevin Trudeau.
Back to my story in conclusion. Joan did get another less demanding part time job. She took a drop in salary for a time. However, she resurrected her heart’s desire and brought it out into the open. She worked longer hours than she did with a full time job, but she was never more happy. She maintained a close connection with Mary over the years and Mary became her friend and mentor.
And of course she became a prolific author of children’s story books. I love happy endings and success stories. Don’t you? 🙂
Now let’s write OUR OWN success stories!
A word of caution. Avoid making financial goals your true heart’s desire. Dig deeper. Ask yourself, what will a financial goal give me? When you discover that, it is more likely your heart’s desire.
If you would like more information on how you can create deliberately please click here
Thank you Dr Robert Anthony for the 3 Step Process to uncovering our heart’s desires, and for the entire program.
Please leave your comments below on desires of the heart, let’s talk.
Thank you for visiting, reading and sharing.